Saturday, December 1, 2012

almost the end......

Crazy to think the last time I wrote about my time here at Frontier I was just in my third week. Now, I am into my last full week. The time here has gone by so fast! Yet, it's been amazing!!! Last weekend I drove down to Windsor Colorado to the Ellerslie Campus. Also known as my " Heart Home." I still have never found a place that feels like home as Ellerlie does! Once on the the campus I walked down to my favorite spot on campus. A bench out looking the lake. You can see the mountains in the back ground, and in the middle is a cross. I always loved looking out at all the beauty, and thinking.

That day I was there for Eric, and Leslie's adoption " baby shower". This day came to my mind a few moments ago as I was looking through some books of mine. I stumbled upon my first copy of When God Writes Your Love Story as well as my 10th anniversary copy that is Autographed by both Eric, and Leslie. I smile as I think how just a few years ago I started reading their books. Never did I think i'd meet them when I first read their books. But, God didn't only give me the privilege of meeting them but to be a part of their lives in a small way. I loved going to the set a part girl conferences then when God told me to quit my job to attend Ellerslie last summer  people thought I was crazy! But, God did amazing things that summer. I was even re-baptized because when I was first baptized I didn't fully understand the meaning of it at the time. It was just the thing you did. There I learned to pray- really pray. I heard truth like I had never heard it before.

After the shower, and visiting with some friends who still live on campus, and some of the staff I went to find the Ludy's to say goodbye. I smiled as Eric looked at me and said " Hey, look who it is." as he gave me a hug. As I spoke to the Ludy's about what was going on in my life before I left I wrote home with a content smile on my face.

My life has been so crazy lately. Once again God is calling me to go back home instead of continue with going to Frontier. People think I am crazy. But, I feel content, and satisfied. God allowed me to experience college. Really experience it. Having roommates, section devo's with amazing woman, prayer group once a week. It's bitter sweet. I am going to miss hanging out with my roommates, having road trips to walmart (when it's an hour away, and it takes part of the day. Yes, going to wal mart is a road trip!) , helping with youth group, helping with Awanas, being able to drive down to Colorado, and see my Ellerslie family. But, I know that God is leading me home. There is so much I want to do there! Every day God has given me the burden and desire to work with the teens at our local public school. I don't know what God is going to do next. I learned not to make plans. God always seems to have different ones, and is always seems to be shaking things up. Taking me down a path I didn't expect. But, I am excited for what's to come. Whatever that will be! The next few days will be studying for upcoming tests, finals, memorizing verses, spending time with my friends, and getting as much as I can out of these last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment