Sunday, December 9, 2012

Almost the end.....

    So, i'm looking around my dorm room. Most of my stuff is packed into the trunk of my car. But, there is still a lot I still have to pack. Mostly little things. As I write this I look at my desk, and see the things that mean a lot to me for a specific reason. My picture of all the girls  during summer semester  at Ellerslie, A group photo of our Sister Section, my piglet given to me a few years ago from my best friend Beccie, the star fish from my love, a photo of my Grandpa Vansickle and I when I was 5 years old, the teddy bear pillow given to me from my beautiful other hip Amanda, and a family picture. 

  As I look at these, and get ready to end my semester at Frontier I realize I am once again ending a chapter of my life, and starting a new one. If there is one thing in life I have learned it's to not make any plans. God always seems to change mine. I wasn't sure how long God called me to come to Frontier when I applied last summer. But, I knew I was supposed to come here in the fall. Last year was the hardest I've had. Bad thing after bad thing seemed to happen, and I needed out. The " Small town" of Saint Johns was the last place I wanted to be. I needed to get away, and re evaluate my life. Get to a place where I could breath again. I needed to be as far away from the town I grew up in. Away from the people, and the drama. I needed an escape. As far as I was concerned La Grange Wyoming was just that. Everyone seemed to come to bible college to learn more about the bible, and God. In all honesty I came to get away from life at home. 

 Though I did want to get a good background on biblical teaching for counseling that wasn't my main reason for going to college. I just needed to get away. Though it was only a semester God used it in an amazing way. I was able to work with Youth Group, and Awana's, I was given such amazing roommates that I could totally be myself with, I made great friends, and went to a great church. I was given the chance to really experience college. Though I went to Cornerstone I didn't get that experience since I didn't have a roommate. 

  There are so many things I learned here about life. Especially my own. I learned to be real. Not pretend. My roommate told me the other night that the minute she meet me she seen how real I was, and seen how confident I was with myself. I knew who I was, and I wasn't going to change that.  My roommates, and friends became a safe haven for me. It was the first time I let myself be completely real with anyone, and not have to sit into some cookie cutter Christianity where everything is nice and neat. Yes, I was blessed to grow up in a christian home. But, my life was anything but a cookie cutter Christianity that was nice and neat. It's been anything but that. I've had a great life. But, a lot of trials, mistakes, my life sometimes felt like a crazy ride, But, I always keep it to myself. But, through listening to Joe at Youth Group I seen how being real is what people need, and want.

  I  also seen how important friendship is. Real friendships that is. I seen how some frienships can do nothing but tear you down. When I was talking to my roommate about this one night about a friendship I have been praying about because it wasn't doing anything but tearing me down, and just wasn't good. She opened the bible to a verse in Romans. I seen how amazing it is to be able to walk into my room, and tell my roommate I needed to pray or just to talk. It's amazing to have friends I can be real with. I am going to miss then dearly. But, as Molly told me the other day on our " Roommate date" that this was just the beginning not the end. I'm excited to see where God is going to take these new found friendships- that feel like I have had for years. As well as each of our lives.

 Working with the Youth Group this semester has been amazing. It' just given me the passion, and fire to work with youth even more! I love all the teens at the Youth Group! I am so excited to see where God will lead their lives! I am so thankful I will be able to keep in contact with them, and continue to enjoy every time I talk to them even more. 

I love everything that happened this semester, and all I learned in and outside of the classroom. I have so many amazing memories here. But, I am also so excited to see my family, and start the next chapter of my life. I know God is going to do amazing things as always :)
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment