Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When it all comes down to it...

    So, I keep thinking what was said in chapel today. With where the world is going we need to get ready to be persecuted for our faith because more then likely it will happen, and I wonder. Is that what we truly need? I mean how many " Christians" Will claim to be when they are being persecuted?! When it comes down to it will the world truly see a difference in you and know your a christian, or will you be a secret christian? I mean all I hear lately from all over is how Christians are supposed to show God's love. Which, yes is true. But, what about speaking truth? That is love.

  So many things are supposed to be ok, or just not spoken of these days. Today I found out that homosexual marriage is legal in Washington. This broke my heart, yet I wondered how many people are going to sit back, and honestly not care. Oh they don't "approve" or " support" this. There words say it. Yet, what about the life style?! I mean really, it's more then just showing God's love. I mean it's fine to live like the world as long as we are showing God's love, and not hating people. It doesn't matter what we watch, read, talk about, dabble in, or spend our time doing. Just as long as we are showing God's love.

 Now, I am human and I also struggle with these kind of things. But, I am seeing this is the norm for Christianity these days. I don't know what it makes me more sick or sad. I believe it's time for Christians to stop being luke warm. Stop making excuses to why the way they live their life is ok when it's not. God conquered  sin at the cross. It's time we stop playing in it, and purposefully doing it. That's why God gave us his word, accountability partners, etc. Sometimes it will make drastic changes to a person's life. But, it's time we make our choice and stop being on the fence. We are either all in for Christ, or all in for the world. You can't have both worlds. Christ didn't die so we play Christian and play in the world at the same time. We are either serving God or Satan. It's simple as that.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment