Thursday, May 31, 2012

Always There

Two nights ago  the sweetest two month old baby girl stay the night. My big eyed ( still not sure if her eyes are going to turn Brown or Blue ;p) beautiful cousin Aubrey. As I laid her down I snugged up next to her until I thought she was fully asleep. Once I seen she was fully asleep I moved away from her just a little.
   Even in that small movement she freaked out. She started kicking her legs, her hands flying everywhere, and she started to cry. So I put my arm around her as I told her it was ok, I was right there. The moment she felt me near her again, she went back to sleep like she had never been startled. That's when God spoke to me as he does :).

  I was Aubrey in a sense. There had been a movement that startled me,and I was freaking out. But, he wasn't the one who had been the one to move. I was. It started out by little things. But, as time went on those little things became big distractions. Some even became Idols. The things that should have been the most important, and number One went on the back burner. Under the i'll do it later category.
  After repenting of these things, and having a long heart to heart with God. I just listened to the silence. The only sound was Aubrey's breathing, and the crickets outside my window. All I could do was smile.
 Then I looked up at the sky outside my window, and seen the cloud scattered across the sky. This may not seem like a big deal. But, to me it was like finding a love note on your pillow when you wake up in the morning. You see as a child when I seen clouds like that to me they were  God's footprints. Each time I seen " God's footprints." I was reminded that he was right there watching over me. Protecting me, and keeping me safe.

 As I started to drift off to sleep I could feel his arms wrapped around me, and his whisper telling me " it's ok, i'm right here." I looked over at Aubrey one last time, and seen the peace,joy, and contentment on that sweet face. I fell asleep with a smile on my face feeling peace,joy,and contentment knowing that both Aubrey and I where indeed safe, and that everything was ok. Because he was right there.
~ Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment